Features & Benefits
- With a minimum balance of only BND 1,000, you can enjoy higher returns than a regular savings account while planning for your finances.
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing you are investing in a Shariah compliant (interest free) fixed term Investments.
- Choose the length of your Investments period: 1, 3, 6, 12, 18 or 24 months.
- The profits are paid on maturity and may be reinvested with the deposit amount.
- Deposits may be made in cash, cheque or by direct account transfer.
- Certificate of deposit is provided for easy tracking (for BBA concept only).
Bai Bithaman Aajil (BBA)
Bai Bithaman Ajil means a "deferred payment sale". Under this principle, the Bank first sells an asset to the customer, on cash payment basis at a price equal to the Investments amount. The Bank then purchases the asset from the Customer on deferred payment basis at an agreed price, equal to the Investments amount plus the profit amount.
Companies registered or incorporated in Negara Brunei Darussalam, either in the form of a proprietorship, partnership or private limited company.
- For Proprietorship & Partnership Company:
- Certificate of Registration - Section 16 and 17
- Original copy of identity card(s) of the proprietor/partners
- For Private Limited Company:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Particulars of Directors and Shareholders (Form X)
- Original copy of identity cards of the directors
- Directors' Resolution to open/maintain term Investments
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
For term periods of 3 months or longer, minimum opening deposit is BND 1,000.
For term period of 1 month, minimum opening deposit is BND 5,000.
For more details, please refer to the Bank's Schedule of Tariffs.
- There will be no profit for termination less than 1 month.
- Profit, at the Bank's discretion, may be paid proportionately to the completed months at the prevailing rate at the time of termination.