Features & Benefits
- A cheque book will be given to you when you open your account with us, so that you can enjoy the convenience of cheque payments.
- Gain access to the largest network of ATMs and bank branches across Brunei Darussalam.
- Monthly bank statements are given to help you track your transactions and account balance.
- Enjoy our foreign currencies and remittances facilities.
- Access your account anytime, anywhere through BIBD Online.
- Pay your Zakat conveniently using our Zakat counter services at any of our branches. (What is Zakat? Learn more.)
Shariah ConceptFor this account, you can choose between two concepts.
Wadiah Yad Dhamanah
The concept used here is Wadiah Yad Dhamanah, or more commonly referred to as Wadiah. Under this Islamic concept, you will enjoy guaranteed safekeeping services of your money. Learn more »
The Mudharabah contract entails the concept of profit sharing. Under this concept, you will enjoy the profit gained from the Shariah-compliant Investments made by the Bank according to a previously determined ratio. Learn more »
Companies registered or incorporated in Negara Brunei Darussalam, either in the form of a proprietorship, partnership or private limited company.
- For Proprietorship & Partnership Company:
- Certificate of Registration - Section 16 and 17
- Original copy of identity card(s) of the proprietor/partners
- For Private Limited Company:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Particulars of Directors and Shareholders (Form X)
- Original copy of identity cards of the directors
- Directors' Resolution to open/maintain term Investments
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
Minimum opening deposit of BND 1,000.00 is required.
BND 10.00 per month if average monthly balance falls below BND 1,000.00.
Cheque Book Fee
BND 0.10 per cheque leaf, up to BND 5.00 per book (50 leaves)
For more details, please refer to the Bank's Schedule of Tariffs.