Features & Benefits
- Flexibility to transact in any of the 4 major foreign currencies: USD, GBP, AUD and EUR.
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing you are investing in a Shariah compliant (interest free) fixed term Investments
- The profits are paid on maturity and may be reinvested with the deposit amount.
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. The Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor's expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Individuals aged 18 years and above
- Residing in Brunei Darussalam
- An original copy of identity card (both front and back) or passport
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
Minimum opening deposit of 5000 currency units of the specified foreign currency (FCY) is required.
1% of the value of cash note, with minimum fee of FCY10 .
For transactions up to BND100,000 , the admin fee is 0.1% of the transacted amount, with a minimum fee of FCY10 .
For transactions exceeding BND100,000 , the admin fee is 0.03125% of the transacted amount, with a minimum fee of FCY100 .
- There will be no profit for termination less than 1 month.
- Profit, at the Bank’s discretion, may be paid proportionately to the completed months at the prevailing rate at the time of termination.
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010"