Features & Benefits
- Enjoy financing up to 12 times your monthly salary; if the Naqad/Overdraft facility is fully secured by an Investments deposit, you may get financing of an equivalent amount.
- With a maximum financing term of twelve (12) months*, the facility provides you a disciplined approach to reach your goals, with hassle-free monthly installments.
- You can choose to renew the facility upon maturity, depending on the performance of the account.
*Applies to both new or renewal of overdraft facility
- The Shariah concept applicable is Tawarruq
Tawarruq, also known as Reverse Murabahah, refers to the process of purchasing a commodity for a deferred price determined through Musawama (bargaining) or Murabaha (mark-up sale), and selling it to a third party for a spot price so as to obtain cash.
When this is applied to an overdraft facility, the Customer can draw funds in excess of his account balance. Customer may receive a refund on any un-withdrawn funds. Naqad is typically used for short-term financing.
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Individuals between the age of 18 and 65 years* (Terms & Conditions apply)
- Government employees
- Semi-Government employees
- Private Sectors employees acceptable by the Bank
- An original copy of identity card (both front and back) or passport
- Copy of latest salary slip
- Confirmation of salary / service contract / pension (where applicable)
- Statement of savings with other financial institution (where applicable)
Fees and Requirements
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the Overdraft Facility. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.