Features & Benefits
- Low initial deposit and minimum balance of BND 50.
- Earn dividends and maximise the value of your money; the more you save, the more you get. (Check out our rates.)
- Enjoy worldwide access to your account with the BIBD Debit Card with a global network that you can take advantage of.
- Access your account anytime, anywhere through BIBD Online.
- Pay your Zakat conveniently using our Zakat counter services at any of our branches. (What is Zakat? Learn more.)
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor’s expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Foreign citizen with valid working permit
- Individuals aged 18 and above; for minors under 18, accounts to be operated by parent or guardian
- An original copy of identity card or passport
- A copy of birth certificate (for dependent account)
- Proof of employment (where applicable)
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
Minimum opening deposit of BND 50.00 is required.
Minimum Monthly Balance
Minimum monthly balance of BND 50.00 is required.
- The profit is paid subject to withdrawal transactions not exceeding 6 times in a month
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010"
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the Tiered Saver. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.