Features & Benefits
- Low initial deposit and minimum balance of BND 50. Reach your goals through disciplined saving; simply set aside a fixed sum of money to be transferred from your main account to the purpose saver account on a periodic basis.
- Earn dividends and maximise the value of your money. (Check out our rates.)
- Open your account online
- Access your account anytime, anywhere through BIBD Online.
- Pay your Zakat conveniently using our Zakat counter services at any of our branches. (What is Zakat? Learn more.)
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor’s expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Existing BIBD account holder
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Foreign citizen with valid working permit
- Individuals aged 18 and above; for minors under 18, accounts to be operated by parent or guardian
- An original copy of identity card (both front and back) or passport
- A copy of birth certificate (for dependent account)
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
Minimum opening deposit of BND 50.00 is required.
Minimum Monthly Balance
Minimum monthly balance of BND 50.00 is required.
- The monthly profit is paid only if no withdrawal is made within the month to encourage savings for longer period.
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010"
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the Purpose Saver. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.