Features & Benefits
- Enjoy higher returns by transferring your excess funds to an Easy Saver account.
- Simply make an initial deposit of BND 500 and you're ready to transfer and open this account online.
- Have the flexibility in deciding how you wish to divide and allocate your funds between your main account and Easy Saver account.
- Access your account anytime, anywhere through BIBD Online.
- Pay your Zakat conveniently using our Zakat counter services at any of our branches. (What is Zakat? Learn more.)
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor's expected profit rate (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Existing BIBD account holder
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Foreign citizens with valid working permit
- Individuals aged 18 and above; for minors under 18, accounts to be operated by parent or guardian
- An original copy of identity card or passport (where applicable)
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
Minimum opening deposit of BND 500.00 is required.
Minimum Monthly Deposit
Minimum monthly balance is BND 1,000.00 is required.
- The monthly profit is paid only if no withdrawal is made within the month to encourage savings for longer period.
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010"
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the Easy Saver Account. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.