Features & Benefits
- Flexibility to transact in any of the 4 major foreign currencies: USD, GBP, AUD and EUR.
- Choose to withdraw your money at any of our 14 branches, by Telegraphic Transfer or Demand Draft.
- Easy tracking of your transactions and account balance through monthly statements.
- Enjoy the foreign currencies and remittances facilities.
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. The Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor's expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Foreign citizen with valid working permit
- Individuals aged 18 and above
- An original copy of identity card (both front and back) or passport
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
Minimum opening deposit of 500 currency units in the specified foreign currency (FCY) is required; except for Australian Dollar, the minimum is AUD1000.
1% of the value of cash note, with minimum fee of FCY10.
For transactions up to BND100,000 , the admin fee is 0.1% of the transacted amount, with a minimum fee of FCY10.
For transactions exceeding BND100,000 , the admin fee is 0.03125% of the transacted amount, with a minimum fee of FCY100.
Remittance charges apply for Demand Draft and Telegraphic Transfer.
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010"
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the Foreign Currency Saver. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.