Features & Benefits
- Earn dividends and maximise the value of your money; the more you save, the more you get. (Check out our rates.)
- A cheque book will be given to you when you open your account with us, so that you can enjoy the convenience of cheque payments.
- Gain access to the largest network of ATMs and bank branches across Brunei Darussalam.
- Access your account anytime, anywhere through BIBD Online.
- Enjoy the convenience of tracking your transactions and account balance through BIBD online
- Pay your Zakat conveniently using our Zakat counter services at any of our branches. (What is Zakat? Learn more.)
The Depositor ("Muwakkil") enters into a Wakalah Agreement with the Bank ("Wakil") and deposits a certain amount of money to the Bank to be utilized and invested in profitable Shariah-compliant transactions. The Depositor will be offered the expected profit rate from the Investments and the Bank will earn a Wakalah fee for the service rendered. Any amount that the Bank earns in excess of the Depositor's expected profit (after deducting the Wakalah fee) will be retained by the Bank as incentive. Learn more »
- Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Foreign citizens with valid working permit
- Individuals aged 18 years and above
- An original copy of identity card or passport
- Proof of employment (where applicable)
Fees and Requirements
Minimum Opening Deposit
Minimum opening deposit of BND 1,000.00 is required.
- Maintenance Fee
BND 12.00 per month if balance falls below BND 1,000.00.
- Cheque Book Fee
BND 0.10 per cheque leaf, up to BND 5.00 per book (50 leaves)
"Depositors of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam are guaranteed protection up to maximum BND50,000 per depositor under the Deposit Protection Order 2010"
Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take the General Saver. Be sure also to read the General Terms and Conditions.